Ok, so i am here in my kitchen not surrounded by boxes anymore (“Yahoo,” says Mike!) and am putting together the final details of our next big event, which of course is our Bi-Annual CHA release party… I also realised that there are probably a few people who read my blog that don’t know what CHA is?
CHA stands for the Craft and Hobby Association based in the US, Canada and the Uk. You can find more info about them here
One of the things that the CHA do, is run two big Trade events every year (January and July) where the top companies in the industry launch and showcase their new craft products and designs 🙂
And that in a nutshell is what our CHA release parties are……an opportunity to see all the new CHA releases under the one roof.
Our next CHA release party is on in the Hodson Bay Hotel, Athlone; on the 5th and 6th of October.
So what can you expect:-
1) Gorgeous Displays from the fab new ranges released by
- Prima Marketing
- Bo Bunny
- Simple Stories
- Project Life
- Ranger, including Tim Holtz and Dyan Reaveley
- Memory Box
as well as lots more 🙂
2) Four Makes and Takes (two on each day) being hosted by Betty Cumiskey and Mandy Sheridan 🙂
3) Craft Competition and door prizes as well as our daily challenges 🙂
4) Crop Space
5) Classes in Card Making, Scrapbooking, Mixed Media and Beyond the Page by teachers like
- Felicia Dwyer (Scrapsville).
- Karen Mathews (Paper Fanatic)
- Kerry Colson (of An Siopa Bui fame)
- Martina Downes (First time teaching at CHA party….watch this space)
- Mandy Sheridan (Pink Goose Craft House)
- Lousie Furlong (Scrapaholic Lou)
- Patricia O’Leary (Our Recent Challenge Winner :-))
To give you a hint of some of the class content….
There are two fab card classes planned as well as a mini album class. Louise is planning a Grunge Quilt, Martina’s class will involve 3D Assemblage using Tim Holtz’s new Luminary Die, Karen is in Canvas Art mode, Mandy is planning a Prima Double Scrapbook layout and Felicia is Teaching a Haunted House Class 🙂
We will have more class details to follow along with Sneak Peaks but to give you an idea here are a few pics for inspiration 🙂
Remember, pre-booking can be done on our web site here, tickets are €10 and for that you will get
- Raffle Tickets
- Makes and takes
- Competition Entry Form
- Cropping Space
FREE Gift for all advance purchased tickets 🙂 (tickets muct be bought by the 3rd October to qualify)
We will have the class timetable up on Monday next along with the booking link 🙂